Pages

Saturday 21 September 2013

Poetry: Dream of a stone



i.
stones covered with sea foam
letters of your name wrapped around my tongue
as if it was a sin, gently and softly
another wave rushes in rapidly
no one can hear our game of love



ii.
hidden pathways in early frost
beneath the tree a deer crossed
wanderer with cold toes
questioning the road he chose
for all the sunlight seems lost



iii.
rushing morning rays
glimmer in bees' wings
beyond the horizon they dive
into flowery embrace
living is a phase



iv.
dream of a stone
seeds grown
roots pecking
softly nesting
the droplets of dawn


v.
snow storm in a bowl
trails of a melancholic soul
clouds of innermost affection
calling for connection
down the rabbit hole

 *
Something new I tried for Real Toads. Writing Tanka. I had fun writing these, it was the first time as well, so maybe there will be a second time.

13 comments:

  1. They each have a magical quality about them but I especially love the last one. I'm all about those melancholic souls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to be inspired by images for this form! I especially love the pairing of your second image choice and poem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. all arelovely and I specifically like the second one

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am amazed that writing tanka is new to you because these are exceptional pieces, in my opinion. Each description goes beyond a forthright capture of time and place. There are hints of metaphoric meaning, and the focus on sea, or path through woods or dreaming stone makes them universally appealing. I also admire the flow you have generated in the 5 lines with the useof enjambment.
    I am hard-pressed to select a favourite, but I will mention a few individual lines which really struck me.

    stones covered with sea foam
    letters of your name wrapped around my tongue

    beneath the tree a deer crossed
    wanderer

    trails of a melancholic soul

    Each of these created the most memorable images for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Kerry! I think Tanka really suits me, I always loved creating pictures that would hide emotions behind, that's why I will probably use it more often now. :)

      Delete
    2. I must agree with Kerry. Are these your photos? If so, I think your images have found a perfect poetic reflection.

      Delete
    3. These are all my photographs, yes. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. All are so beautiful...I especially love the first one

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them all ... but the first one gives such a good picture of the emotions mixed with those waves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say kudos to you for writing not just one tanka, but five ~ I like all of them (including the pictures) ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic tanka!!! I especially love "wanderer with cold toes" and "the droplets of dawn". Beautiful imagery!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved all of them-wow five-Bravo!

    ReplyDelete